When someone is in heart failure, their heart can’t pump blood well enough. This can make certain things more difficult. For instance, if your elderly loved one has heart failure, they might not be able to climb stairs or walk as well as they used to. If this is the case, they might need home health care services to make things easier.
There are numerous ways that home health care providers can help your elderly loved one if they have heart failure.
Providing Education on Medications
Home health care providers can’t give your elderly loved one medications. However, they can educate your loved one on the medications they need to take. For example, the caregivers can do the following:
- Read the prescription brochures that come from the pharmacy to your elderly loved one
- Pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy
- Make a list of questions with your elderly loved one about their medications (they can ask their doctor these questions at their appointment)
These are just some ways that care providers can help your elderly loved one to manage their medications.
Diet and Nutrition Changes
If your elderly loved one has heart failure, it is important that they do everything they can to take care of themselves. This includes eating better. Some of the ways that aides can help your elderly loved one with diet and nutrition changes include the following:
- Writing a healthier grocery list with your elderly loved one
- Going to the store with or for your elderly loved one to get healthier foods
- Prepping or making healthier meals for your elderly loved one
- Eating with your loved one so they eat full meals and not junk food
These are some of the best things that caregivers can do in regard to your elderly loved one’s diet and nutrition.
Improving Mobility and Strength
When it comes to heart failure, many patients sit around a lot of the time. However, that is likely to make their heart fail even faster. If you hire home health care providers, they can help to improve your elderly loved one’s mobility and strength. Some of the ways that aides can do this include the following:
- Going on short walks with your loved one
- Helping your elderly loved one to exercise daily
- Talking to the doctor about which exercises are safe for your elderly loved one
- Helping your elderly loved one get up and move around at regular intervals throughout the day
By doing these things, the care providers can keep your elderly loved one stronger for longer.
These are some of the many things that home health care providers can do for heart failure patients. If your elderly loved one is in heart failure, it might be time to hire home health care providers to care for them.
If you are considering Home Health Care Services in Galion OH, call the caring staff at Central Star Home Health at (419) 610-2161. Providing services for families in Mansfield, Lexington, Bellville, Crestline, Galion, Shelby, Ashland, Ontario and the surrounding areas.
- Simplifying Tasks for an Elder With Dementia and Elder Care - May 11, 2021
- Home Care Tips for Safety Improvements for Your Senior - May 5, 2021
- Improving Your Senior’s Nutrition with Homecare Help - April 28, 2021